Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Successful dinner....Lunch ehhh not so much

Well today was a wash I think. I did really well for breakfast, two boiled eggs and a banana. Then there was lunch. Tapatios  is this wonderful little Mexican place in downtown Knoxville. I met my hubby there for lunch cause he was working a split shift today. Chips and salsa chips and salsa MORE chips and salsa. Man I wish there was something healthier to eat with salsa other than chips. Salsa is so tasty.  I had a chicken chimi, rice and guacamole salad. I am proud to say that lunch did not define the rest of my day. I have a bad habit of if I go overboard on one meal to just say screw it for the rest of the day. That is not the case today. Dinner was a success. I had one piece of sourdough bread. Two no fat white turkey meat hot dogs (first time for those but they were pretty tasty), a bowl of mixed veggies and a few oven fries.  No night time snack for me tonight I think I will just skip it. Going out to lunch also means I skipped my lunch time workout today. I know, I know BOOOO. Don't worry, as I sit here and type I am sweating from being on the medieval torture device in my basement.  I have a love hate relationship with my elliptical. OK let me be honest I have a hate hate relationship with it and exercise in general. I know it is a necessary EVIL but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Tomorrow is another day and another opportunity to make healthy choices for me and my family. There's a skinny girl trapped inside but she's still  clawing her way to the top. It will not be easy! It will be worth it!

2 comments:

  1. I really need help staying on track with exercise. I've started practicing moderation and portion control with my food. Hopefully, we can keep each other motivated. Since I had knee surgery, I reallly need to stay focused on exercise every day. Also, I have another goal to lose a few pounds before my son's wedding in October. I've been more successful when I have someone to share weight lose efforts with and be accountable to. I guess that is why I've usually been more successful when I was on Weight Watchers. I will bring you some materials that Tif used about a year ago when we were meeting weekly as a "Lose It For Life" support group. Very good materials.

    ReplyDelete